As 2016 comes to a close I find myself thinking of personal growth challenges, failures and successes I've experienced and overcome. I feel blessed with the life I've built (so far) and am eternally grateful to the people that have encouraged and supported my passions and projects throughout the way. Now that I'm in my thirties, I can look back with pride to see how much I’ve grown and developed in a decade. But, if I were to have a tête-à-tête with my 20 year old self, here’s what I’d tell her:
1. Love fearlessly, passionately and with no regrets.
2. Never ever stop personal growth, in every aspect of life.
3. Investing in (any type) of a higher education is the most rewarding thing you can do for yourself.
4. Surround yourself with 3 types of people: the creative, the inspired, the grateful.
5. Life is pretty damn unpredictable. Embracing change, even when you don't agree will only broaden your horizons.
6. You will make many many many mistakes. Learn from them, don't repeat them and grow.
7. Confidence and knowledge is power. Be authentic and stay humble.
8. Never stop traveling the world and experiencing new cultures and places. Life experiences are more valuable than material possessions.
9. Nurture every relationship in life: family, friends, career, colleagues.
10. Hangovers suck (especially in your 30s). Drink more water, drink more water, drink more water.
11. And above all, make every moment count. Be present. You are the author of your own story.... so make it shine.